Thursday, November 21, 2013

Blog Post #9

“44 Things that will happen when you become Miss USA”
http://www.buzzfeed.com/amyodell/44-things-that-will-happen-when-you-become-miss-usa


         As I am an insider of the pageant world, I began to search for memes that related to pageants in some way. I then came across one that had 44 things that will happen to you when you become Miss USA. As this meme is poking fun of pageantry, they forgot to show a more serious part on what Miss USA is really about. The writer does a really good job explaining the fun things the winners of pageants get to do like dressing up in dresses that are loaned to you from designers as it says in reason number 34. Being Miss USA is about wearing the crown the right way, but not in a sense of wearing it on your head. You have to be a role model with a crown on your head and be a woman of encouragement to younger girls. As this meme just talks about sighing when wearing the crown is number 27.  As I looked over this meme I realized that a lot of the pictures that they used for this could have been used a lot differently and in a better way. The meme was overall funny and interesting, although the meme should have been a little more serious with what they were saying, but in a more funny way. Instead of the meme talking about getting hit on by many guys and showing pictures of the winners with celebrities and random guys, the writer should have said something funny, but along with all the young children looking at the winner and being in awe of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment