Sunday, October 6, 2013

Blog Post #5


As I watched myself give my speech I noticed multiple things that I could have done better or things that I just completely messed up on. I tend to say the word “um” a lot whenever I get nervous and act jittery. I talked extremely fast and mumbled my words. Whenever I talked, I didn’t talk in a very enthusiastic way. I was monotone and didn’t really engage with my audience. I smiled a lot to the audience and made good eye contact throughout the presentation. Everyone could tell that I was nervous because of how I was moving around and holding the flashcards. I relied on those cards for most of the speech. In the middle of the presentation I forgot to change my PowerPoint presentation slides and that made me even more nervous than I already was. I was scared that my grade was going to be deflected off of that mistake pretty badly. As I finished my presentation I realized I did more good than bad. I gave the audience adequate information in the time limit that was given. I didn’t quite reach four minutes, but it was more than three minutes and every one seemed impressed with the information I was giving them. I was able to answer the questions that they were asking me after the presentation too. I prepared myself for most of the questions that they asked. I found out that I did better with improvising my answers with the questions that they asked me rather than trying to memorize my whole speech. 

No comments:

Post a Comment